Teacher training in humane education
California requires each teacher… to endeavor to promote kindness toward domestic pets and the humane treatment of living creatures. (Education Code Section 233.5)
For educators wanting to bring a humane education curriculum into their classrooms:
- We offer training workshops using Project HumaneKind’s Mow Wow Animals curriculum, with contents in English and Spanish.
- The Mow Wow Animals curriculum meets California education requirements in communication arts, science, and social science.
- Mow Wow Animals fulfills California teaching mandates in character development and kindness to animals.
- This program is ideal for busy teachers who wish to incorporate humane education in teaching writing, science, and social science.
- Training is available in person and online.